I am touched to find that I have been given the Stylish Blogger Award by Kristen Walker whose own blog I adore! This is such a warm fuzzy for me because I love blogging and hold it central to my mission, but I’m still really finding my way here. Thank you for taking notice of my little website, Kristen!
I also want to thank all of you who are checking in on my blog. I am honored that you are giving me some of your precious time and attention!
Honorees of the stylish blogger award do the following: thank and link back to the person who awarded them, share 7 things about themselves, and pay it forward to 15 recently discovered bloggers.
Here are 7 things about me:
- I can’t help tickling my son at bedtime even though it is counterproductive!
- A friend gave me the nickname 101 because I like to take classes in everything.
- My first job was shoveling sh*#! No joke! I was in fifth grade and I helped my neighbors with their horses every Thursday. The work involved grooming the horses and cleaning their stalls. I received a dollar and a riding lesson every week and I thought it was a sweet deal!
- My favorite photography project involved my taking pictures of trash as it floated down Clear Creek in Denver.
- I went to film school in Guadalajara, Mexico for one semester. The experience was absurd because I was in way over my head. My Spanish was decent, but not good enough to engage spontaneously in discussions about semiotics or experimental film! I didn’t say a word in class – it was awful, (but don’t feel bad because I had beautiful experiences outside of the classroom)!
- I once stayed the night on the bathroom floor of a train station in Australia, although I can’t remember just where or exactly why.
- My husband’s name is Raza Mohammed Hussein Ali Baba Kaka Kuka – at least that is what I call him.
I am still in the process of awarding 15 recently discovered bloggers! I’m savoring the process as it is a goal of mine to broaden my vision online. So, please feel free to share a link to your blog and/or to some of your favorite hangouts online by leaving a comment below!